Labour, financial and ecological crises reflect the exhaustion of the dominant system.
Capital seems to have come as close as possible to its dream of making money out of money. The issue is not the exit from the crisis, the capitalist system as we know it will not emerge from intensive care.
What could be the new paradigm?
The most powerful lever for economic growth is fame
Whether it is a corporate or personal brand, awareness is carried by the brand, which has become a means of identifying with values.
We are living in the age of the intimate relationship with the brand, which will henceforth provide the individual with identity references.
The brand is the strategic and conceptual concentration of your activity expressed through a universe of meanings that refers to an emotion.
The importance of brand positioning and story telling to acquire customers
In the global village of the internet, the simple articulation of product/service - shoe shop - refers at best to the giants of product distribution - Zalando for example. Each company is a set of attributes, which refer to a unique specificity. This uniqueness is your unique identity.
Universalizing your brand is about telling a story - what is your story?
It's a semantic exercise - what is the meaning of what you do, sell, produce beyond your market, what are you doing for humanity?
Building the brand discourse means sharing your know-how beyond the daily contingencies by opening up new territories in terms of :
- Market segments / target product and appropriate distribution
- Partners (product or technology development)
- To use the business strategies that the use of the brand as a strategic tool and growth lever allows.
The brand is the "capitalizer" of your future results.
Via Roma is a shoe shop in Geneva with a focus on colour and material expertise - it now delivers its designs worldwide based on a local clientele - the ambition is not to become a multinational but the shop is doing very well without having invested a fortune.
Positioning, a few rules
There are hundreds of graphics/processes on the internet to position your brand, so I will only mention a few basic rules here.
The purpose of your positioning is the ability to communicate in a few simple words the essence of your business.
To achieve this simplification, it is necessary to start by aligning everything you can say about your business and then reduce it to its difference.
Without positioning work, investment in communication and especially digital communication is just a waste of money - the most common mistake:
- Limit yourself to selling your product
- Does not allow identification with the brand and its values
- Does not allow for a unique and different identity
Positioning requires working with a diverse team to differentiate between your reality and the customer's perception.
Some key points
- Benchmark –search for your competitors and especially your ideal on the internet - if possible not only in one language and especially in English.
- What are the factual yet emotional benefits that your target audience can get from your business - this exercise is done by target and will even allow you to discover market segments that you may not have thought of.
- Take inspiration from Simon Sinek's "what" - "how" and "why".
The repositioning of a brand is an opportunity to rethink the whole quintessence of an activity in terms of universe of meaning, market opening and business development including transformational growth (digital transformation).
Subscribe to our newsletter