The images used in this article are not the property of Swiss House of Brands. They are only used as illustrations to enhance the content.
Co-branding, a powerful growth lever of the digital economy that uses the alliance of several brands/companies with different strategic objectives:
1.Multiplying the audiences of associated brands - image positioning
For H&M to give a more "fashion designer" positioning to its brand, for luxury brands to give a more accessible image to theirs
2.Image & audience positioning - the Win2Win
To reach Supreme's streetwear community and its millions of Instagram followers for Louis Vuitton, whose timeless luxury codes are difficult to apply to this universe. For Supreme, the "supreme" recognition of a luxury brand that reinforces the positioning of luxury streetwear!
3.Acquisition of new customers
Lego in decline joins forces with Disney to keep children interested and for the 1st time in the history of toys → phenomenal success of a building set with girls - "the snow queen" at Lego
For Disney → profits from brand licensing
For Lego → a new market
4.Enhancing the customer experience
- Netflix + ice cream is like (better) than the movies
- And Ben& Jerry is also one of the few brands that is B-Corp certified, one of the most demanding labels in terms of sustainability - ideal for Netflix at a time when it is undergoing criticism about its sustainable commitment!
5.Adding value to a product through the credibility of a recognised brand
- Your brand as a guarantee of quality to give legitimacy to your customers' brand
- Enhance your brand and your price through the legitimisation of a recognised Brand
6. Opening the B2C market with the agreement of your B2B customers
How to open up the B2C sales territory without cutting yourself off from your customers when you are historically a B2B supplier?
→ by creating a Brand (product) distributed by your retailers
Allows you to create the link with the end user, to act on your Brand and to preserve your investment.
7. Co-branding even enters the cultural & public spheres
The Louvre Museum and the streetwear brand Off-white → ( millions of followers on Instagram)
Co-branding, a brand strategy and a growth lever for all, including SMEs and SMIs
We have given examples of famous brands to better illustrate our point.
We regularly implement this type of strategy with our large and small clients with success
My favourite Thai restaurant:
- I eat there regularly
- I regularly buy takeaway food there
- He organised a party at home for me
- I bought some beautiful lamps for my decoration
- he recommended a wonderful trip to Thailand (purchased from a partner agency)
- I took a course there to learn how to cook vegetables with flavour
Subscribe to our newsletter