Lego's story > B2B
Business development in polarity → industry to market
1916: Lego is founded in Denmark
70-80: Plastic and coloured bricks
- Launch of Duplo
- Collaboration with MIT
- 80% of the building set market is Lego.
80-90: societal change
- New business potentials outside their core business.
- Diversification «as Disney»
- Creation of Legoland
- www.lego.com Development
- Development of video games, TV programme, clothing line, books, watches, etc.
1998: 1st year in which Lego is in deficit
Too much investment and inability to manage so many non-core activities
Lego uses its Brand as a cornerstone of its strategy
- Making the brand profitable through licensing fees
- Acquisition of new targets through shared awareness
- Outsource everything that is not its "core business"
- Developing co-creative innovations
- Develop its distribution in new sales territories
Lego has overtaken Ferrari at the top of Brand Finance's ranking of the world's most powerful brands (March 2015).
- The brand and its values → your strategic tool for rethinking your entire business and developing innovations and new sales territories.
- Starting from this single point of view, you leave room for zero limits to rethink your business.
- There is no production, regulation, feasibility or profitability at this stage.
- There is only one mission and values around the historical know-how
Yes, but it's Lego..... and for smaller structures?
And for those who are not Lego
It is the same principle, the construction of an ecosystem around a know-how embodied by a brand positioning.
A brand and the potential of its ecosystem
First example: My favourite restaurant: the Thai culture specialist
- I eat there regularly
- I regularly buy takeaway food there
- The restaurant organised a party for me at home
- I bought some beautiful lamps for my decoration
- He recommended a wonderful trip to Thailand (purchased from a partner agency)
- I get a massage from her sister
- I took a course there to learn how to cook vegetables with flavour
For years this company has come to read my electricity meter, I know them well, I trust them - now :
- She sold me and manages my security / alarm system
- She installed the automatic watering system in my garden
- Blinds in the house
- Pool safety
- Automatic opening of the garage door
- So not all the electrical technicians in this company have lost their jobs as a result of the digitalisation of the meters!
Improve margins - increase your CA
Whatever your business, production is not your business, it is just a tool of your business.
Your company is your brand
Subscribe to our Newsletter